2 Florida Universities Rank Among Nation's Best Values
Source: 11/04/2008 © Tampa Bay Online
View Original Article
Although education leaders in Florida debate the quality and cost of their state universities, one publication has consistently determined that several of the schools are among the nation's best values.
By examining total costs and the average debt accrued by graduation along with academic measures such as admission and graduation rates, Kiplinger's Personal Finance once again placed two Florida schools in the top 10: the University of Florida and New College of Florida in Sarasota.
Florida's public universities are among the least expensive in the nation, a distinction most university presidents want to change. For now, though, Kiplinger's editors say the following schools are the best "at an affordable price."
1. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2. University of Florida
3. University of Virginia
4. University of Georgia
5. College of William and Mary (Virginia)
6. State University of New York Geneseo
7. Binghamton University, SUNY
8. New College of Florida
9. University of Maryland, College Park
10. University of California, San Diego
17. Florida State University
42. University of Central Florida
75. University of South Florida